By Martin Li
One of the biggest challenges most beginners face when trying to work out how to set up an internet marketing business is deciding which market or niche they should target. There is simply too much choice, and the more research you do, the more options you uncover. Choosing your niche can be hard, but it needn’t be that hard, and it certainly shouldn’t get in the way of you starting up your business.
For a start, you can follow the tips below of niche markets that have been proven to work.
However, as a precursor to setting out the individual market niches, it’s worth remembering that it’s best if you can align your business with your passions and interests. That is the best way to optimise your quality of life – and internet marketing should be a lifestyle business that you design to suit you. It shouldn’t be one that is imposed on you.
Having said that, three areas have been proven time and time again to be internet marketing gold mines, and you should be able to find at least one area of keen interest within them. These areas are:
– Health – Wealth – Happiness
These goldmines are still there to be tapped although on their own each is much too large and vague to be profitable. For example, let’s say you were somehow top of the search engine rankings on a search for “health”. That sounds great although you wouldn’t know what the person was searching for. Is it information on health for an adult, child, or even a dog or cat? If you manage to ascertain that the searcher is looking for information relating to human health, you still wouldn’t know whether it was for, say, asthma, and if so is that for an adult, child, ex-smoker or someone that lives at high altitude?
You see that such vague terms are no good when you consider that it is the job of internet marketers (that means you!) to supply hungry markets with exactly the information they are searching for.
What you need is to drill further into specific niches because this is where you will find specific markets with specific interests and needs. When you provide these specific markets with what they are looking for, you will strike internet marketing gold.So let’s break down these three proven areas to specific levels that make sense for you if you are looking to set up an internet marketing business.
First, in the general area of health, a specific category might be diet, which can be divided further into:
– diet for slimming – diet for nutrition.
A second health category could be pain relief, for example relating to:
– back pain – knee pain – neck pain – shoulder pain.
Headaches and migraines would also fall under this category.
A third health category could be sport and fitness, which is a very popular niche, albeit that is still too vague. More detailed niches that would make good subjects for internet marketing businesses include:
– sporting fitness and flexibility – yoga and pilates – body building – golf – tennis – cycling – health and fitness for older people – health and fitness for people with little time – health and fitness for people who are constantly travelling and staying away from home in hotels.
Disease prevention is another booming area as is disease cure, although you need to be very careful in what you say when it comes to curing diseases if you are not qualified in this area. One alternative approach that has proven successful is for an author to describe a personal experience, explaining what they did to overcome a particular ailment. If you want to produce information on disease prevention, specific niches that are strongly in-demand include:
– cancer – heart disease – diabetes – eczema and other skin ailments – asthma, hay fever and other allergies – dementia and Alzheimer’s disease – female menopause – hair loss (male and female).
The general area of wealth can be divided into getting out of debt, saving money and making money. Within the category of getting out of debt and saving money, specific business niches include:
– debt relief – how to save money and organise your finances – how to buy things more cheaply – how to buy things using other people’s money.
When it comes to information on how to make money, you have an almost unlimited choice of areas that can sustain successful internet marketing businesses, including:
– selling goods online, for example through eBay and Amazon – internet marketing – affiliate marketing – home-based businesses – sports, for example horse racing, betting – stocks, shares and options – foreign exchange trading – gambling, for example online card games.
Given how many money-making schemes are available online, it’s a sad reality that not all will be honest and reputable. Another high-demand niche could include protecting the public against scamsters.
Showing people how to increase their happiness is another huge area online, and is particularly vital in today’s fast-paced world where many people are rushing around just to keep up, but in the process are losing sense of what they are about and what is truly important in life.
Specific areas of happiness on which you can build a successful online business include relationships, psychology and self-improvement, which can be sub-divided further into:
– dating and relationships for men (straight and gay) – dating and relationships for women (straight and gay) – sex advice for men and women (straight and gay) – relaxation and relief from stress – relief from depression – relief from panic attacks – meditation and spirituality – discovering your life purpose – beauty and grooming for men and women – building self-esteem and confidence – providing inspiration – building self-motivation – career choices – employment advice – how to live an inspired and inspiring life.
There you have it: over 50 product niches that are proven winners in internet marketing. Your task is to compare this list against what interests you most, and the skills you have built up over the years from your career and any hobbies and interests you have followed.
Everyone can find enjoyable yet profitable niches in which they can set up a successful internet business. Go through the list and find the niche that will open your door to online riches.
Visit Internetmarketingexplained.net for tips, tools and training to help you develop a successful internet marketing business. Download a free report that reveals the 5 steps you need to start and profit from your own online business, and receive free online training. http://internetmarketingexplained.net/free-report/